Skip to main content

"IT" Returned After 27 Years and Reasons why I am calling it "SH-IT"

Ever since "IT" was announced, "IT" was the talk of the town. People were really excited to see the infamous clown return after 27 years. This adaptation of Stephen king's novel was THE thing of 2017. "It is so scary that it will make your nights sleepless". When you hear these kinds of gossips about a movie, you start to think if you are going to need some medicine to sleep or not. But then, I saw the movie, and I AM DISAPPOINTED!! What do I think of "IT"? its "SH-IT". I had to sit in around 2 hours to that thing thinking all the while that I am wasting my time watching "IT". Oh god I cannot even start to explain how much I hated this movie. Now before you open your divine gates of hatred towards me, let me explain why those 2 hours for me were pure agony.

Why "SH-IT":

The main reason why "it" is receiving such a backlash from me is that it was trying so hard to adapt to today's standards that "it" forgot how it was 27 years ago originally. How do I prove my point? Well these days, we prefer every movie to have cocky teenagers with cockier dialogues. Well this movie has just that. We want every movie now-a-days to have a lot of teenage crush kinda scenes. Well, this movie has just that. What I am trying to say is that being a remake of a classic TV show, "it" has just lost that retro feel to it. Now don't come up with "Hey it's 2017 bro, that retro thing's long gone" because your point is absolutely invalid. Okay first on why this movie was a must to have a retro feel. For those of you who don't know, "it" is actually a remake of an american TV show which aired in 1990 and now "it" returned as a movie in 2017 exactly after 27 years (Yeah, just like the clown). So having a retro feel for it was a must. And if you are trying to say that kind of feel is just not possible these days, then you are wrong. Take "LA LA LAND" for example, it has that feel to it that most movies just don't have.
Other than that, this movie has a lot of plot holes. It's like a lot of mismatching pieces of a puzzle forcefully glued together. To explain what I mean, at the better half of the movie, the kids form a very personal suicide squad. When all the characters are squeezed together, they don't really form a match made in heaven, instead, they don't actually fit together. No I am not talking about how they meet its just how they are put together in the movie, the story is just fine. Its the filming that's the issue. I mean an abusive dad? an overprotective mom? a kid who mentions he doesn't belong here but doesn't explain why? a group of bullies hitting on everyone for no reason? a girl who is hated by everyone for no reason? a guy who killed his dad just because he found a knife? I mean c'mon! The list is just endless.    
And finally, It's just not scary at all. Throughout a 2 hour yawnathon there wasn't a single moment I truly was scared. Maybe its just that they are trying to make the clown a scary thing for so long that it is not scary anymore. The movie also has quite a light theme. Being the horror movie that it is, it made me laugh more than it made me scared (Which it failed to do so terribly).

The Final verdict

To many people, it was a super hit and to be honest it was (For reasons far beyond my understanding) a commercial success. I tried to like it I really did, but to vein. Had it been on my personal opinion, i would have given it a 0.5/10 but since we rate movies based on different categories including commercial success, it earns a 4/10 on Reviewlocity score. Yeap its quiet terrible. Don't watch it.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed this review so much! The movie wasn't scary at all, rather annoying and disgusting. And the fact that they had to put the f-word after every 2 seconds was pathetic. Like okay, people use it, but not that deliberately.
    I tried to do a personality analysis of each character and that's the only thing that made IT interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Looked more like a teen movie than a scary movie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Tried The New KFC "EVERYDAY AFFORDABLE" Sub 100 burger.

In student life, Most of the times you are light pocketed. That, and the fact that you are always hungry. Hunger and empty pockets don't really cope up well. To solve that, KFC offered us their new Sub 100 the "daily affordable" burger along with a variety of other different "daily affordables". I, being an always hungry person that i am, took it upon myself to try the new thing in the town, the KFC sub 100. I was coming back from my university, and on my way home, I smelt fried chicken, and every other normal person, I decided to go for a burger because why not? After all it takes some effort to get fat. So I went inside KFC and bought myself the KFC sub 100. How was it? The first thing I noticed, was that it was a lot smaller than advertised. Of course it was. I took a bite from it and it tasted DRY!! Now before you bash me with comments like "hey its just a burger, it's supposed to be dry and you should have bought some drink along with it ya

A Mind Blowing Japanese Fiction; Kafka on the Shore

                                                          BOOK REVIEW BY                                                                                                       AREEBA ADNAN    Ever heard about fish raining from sky, cats talking with a human, time lapse or a ghost meeting a person? This book has it all. Haruki Murakami never seems to disappoint his readers. He has all the interesting ways of telling a story and how to engage his readers till the last page of his book. Haruki Murakami has the perfect ingredients to engage his readers; he uses suspense as a vital oxygen for the book. The book starts with a boy “Kafka” who has been talking to his own parallel self-named “Crow”. This boy is in search of himself and the lost pieces of his story which unveils slowly and gradually throughout the book. His father is a wealthy man but has a dark side; he kills cat and wants to capture their souls to make a flute. The book revolves around the city of Tokyo, Takamatsu

5 sports cars you can buy in Pakistan

Living in a country like Pakistan where brutal taxation has made car prices skyrocket, owning a sports car has become a dream or at least they think so (and no i am not talking about the Honda Civic). To prove them wrong, here is the list of 5 sports cars which will do 200+ km/h without breaking a sweat. 5. Honda CR-Z: Okay I might get a lot of bashing for this from car guys but hear me out. The reason why this car is here is not because of its engine or the body shape (Which both are not so great) but the real reason it is here is because it i really gives you a sporty feel. I have driven this car and it just so toss-able. If you are the kind of guy who would enjoy a drive on the Murree express way on a Sunday, this car will surely put a smile on your face. It has a 1.5L Petrol engine and a hybrid electric motor. Collectively, they produce around 120hp. Yes I know that isn't much but tuning the ECU will help you gain at least 20 more hp. The car is light and is fun to drive a